How do GP’s ramp up to treat orphans in just ONE day?
EXCLUSIVE full-day PRACTICAL course with secret how to’s….
This is not your average lecture circuit speaker
- Learn from a sought after pedodontist not on the lecture circuit
- Secrets that will give you the edge in pediatric management
- Get an update on what has changed since dental school
After this practical program, you will return to your practice with the knowledge, confidence, and skills to treat young children using present-day materials and techniques.
Learn How To
- Communicate with ALL types of Children
- The most anxious patients
- Patients with extreme sensitivity to pain and discomfort
- Handicapped, Autistic, ADHD Patients
- Utilize updated strategies to manage pain and anxiety among children
- Examine a child. What’s important!!
- Gathering medical history and informed consent documentation
- Pediatric treatment planning
- Pain-free freezing – tips & tricks you won’t learn anywhere else
- Early childhood caries diagnosis and treatment
- “Grazing” caries what to ask and how to explain the caries process to parents
- Analyze current prevention methods SDF, fluoride, xylitol, sealants
- Learn how to prepare teeth for pulpotomy and stainless steel crowns in 10 minutes or less
- Prepare teeth for pulpotomy
- Stainless Steel Crowns
- Prepare and restore stainless steel crowns
- Aesthetic Crowns
- Prepare and adapt teeth for aesthetic crowns
- Evaluate and treat traumatic injuries in the primary and mixed dentition
- Pediatric oral pathology
- Joys of dental volunteering and how to get involved
DMD, MS, Cert. Pedo., FRCDC, FCDSBC, Diplomate of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
Certified Specialist in Pediatric Dentistry
Dr. Dewji studied pharmacy before obtaining a Doctor of Dental Medicine degree at the University of British Columbia. He then practiced general dentistry for four and a half years before proceeding to the University of Illinois in Chicago to complete a two-year pediatric dentistry specialty training program. During his specialty training, he also completed a Master of Science.
Dr. Dewji is a licensed Certified Specialist in Pediatric Dentistry in BC and NWT, and a Fellow of the Royal College of Dentists of Canada in Pediatric Dentistry. The Royal College of Dentists of Canada is an organization that ensures high standards of specialization in the dental profession and recognizes properly trained dental specialists through comprehensive qualifying exams. Dr. Dewji also became a Diplomate of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry after completing all the qualifying exams.
Outside of the office, Dr. Dewji was a clinical assistant professor of Faculty of Dentistry and actively engaged in teaching dental students at the University of British Columbia, and has won the best part-time teaching award in 2008 and 2010. He also gives lectures to various dental study clubs and dental societies.
- Dr. Dewji is an active member of the following organizations:
- Royal College of Dentists of Canada
- College of Dental Surgeons of BC
- Canadian Dental Association
- BC Dental Association
- Canadian Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- British Columbia Society of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
Dr. Dewji is involved in volunteer dental work throughout the world. He has led dental groups to Peru, Nicaragua, and Honduras through Kindness in Action. In 2009 and 2010 he traveled to war-torn Iraq to do dental work in a school for orphans, and to Kashmir, the disputed area between India and Pakistan, again to do volunteer dental work.
In 2010 Dr. Dewji established Global Kindness Foundation (GKF), a Canadian-based registered charity, whose explicit aim is to sponsor dental optical and medical missions worldwide. Over the past years, GKF has sponsored dental, medical, optical and hearing camps in Peru (2), Iraq (13), Tanzania (4), Kenya (2), Haiti, Afghanistan, India (2) and Afghanistan. GKF has also set-up a permanent clinic in Lucknow India to treat children in a charity school.
Dr. Dewji and his wife have four boys and a girl, and two lovely grandchildren which keep them very busy. Besides enjoying family life, Dr. Dewji is an avid cross-fitter, badminton and floor hockey player.