Soft Tissue Grafting Mini Residency
This program aims to provide its participants with a clear understanding of the different modalities of soft tissue grafting available today. Participants will gain a deep appreciation for the etiology, diagnosis, and subsequent treatment of mucogingival deformities. Multiple hands-on exercises, as well as live patient procedures will equip the participants with the necessary skill set to confidently treat patients with mucogingival deformities in their respective practices. A closed group forum will allow attendees to share cases with the instructor and other participants, fostering comradery and learning that will extend way beyond the duration of this program.
- Etiology, classification, documentation and patient communication with regards to mucogingival deformities.
- Review of various flap designs utilized in mucogingival surgery (envelope, tunnel, VISTA).
- Review of various suturing materials and techniques used in periodontal plastic surgery.
- Soft tissue harvesting techniques including palatal and tuberosity tissue harvests.
- Review of various alternatives to autogenous tissue (including allograft and xenograft) and their indications in soft tissue grafting.
- Review of the use of biologics like enamel matrix derivative and platelet rich fibrin in soft tissue grafting.
- Management of complications associated with mucogingival procedures.
- Review of the periodontal-restorative interface.
- One day lecture, 3 days hands-on with live surgery
- All hands-on. Either you do or assist a partner
- Mentors there to guide you